Stories from San Diego County that people are talking about today:
- A man who allegedly fled the scene of a crash was taken into custody Monday nearly four hours after a SWAT standoff in Spring Valley.
- The victim, whose name was not immediately released, was taken to a hospital for treatment, officials said.
- Four adults were displaced Monday when a blaze broke out at a house in Chula Vista, officials said.
- Police Monday were searching for whoever fired at least three gunshots at a 32-year-old man without striking him.
- Two men riding bicycles broke into a store on an Otay Mesa street early Monday morning, police said.
- The victim was transported to the hospital with injuries, police said.
- The Honda driver was transported to the hospital, and the Hyundai driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI, officials said.
- The Mattress Firm Amphitheatre show is now set for Oct. 18.
- It’s an ’80s dream as New Kids On The Block will be joined by Salt-N-Pepa, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson and Naughty by Nature on a 53-city tour.
- Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed in a 50-48 vote in the U.S. Senate.
- Columbus Day is one of 10 holidays observed by the federal government.
- The average price has risen 19 consecutive days, according to figures from the AAA and Oil Price Information Service.